Nil's Kitchen is a home of delicious,healthy and easy to make recipes.
- HEAT LARGE KADAI ADD 3 TBSP GHEE, 1/2TSP EACH MUSTARD AND CUMIN SEEDS, 2 DRY RED CHILLI , 1 BAYLEAF
- ADD 1 PIECE OF CINNAMON, 2 - 3 CLOVES AND STAR ANISE WITH 1/2 TSP ASAFOETIDA.
- ADD 1/2 TSP TURMERIC POWDER AND 1/2 CUP CHOPPED GREEN GARLIC.
- ADD 1 EACH CHOPPED POTATO, ONION, CARROT . 1/2 CUP EACH GREEN PEAS AND GREEN TUVER.
- ADD 1&1/2 TBSP KASHMIRI RED CHILLI POWDER , 1/2 CUP EACH SOAKED TUVER DAAL AND MOONG DAAL,.
- MIX IT.
- ADD DRY CORIANDER POWDER 1 TBSP, SALT TO TASTE AND 1/2 TSP GARAM MASALA THEN MIX WELL.
- ADD 1 & 1/2 GLASS WATER AND COOK FOR 10 MINUTES WITH LID.
- REMOVE LID AND CHECK IT.
- DAAL IS LITTLE SOFT AND VEGGIES ARE COOKED NOW.
- ADD 1 CUP SOAKED RICE.
- ADD 2 TBSP CORIANDER LEAVES AND MIX AGAIN.
- ADD 1 +1 GLASS WATER.
- THEN MIX WELL AND LID AGAIN. COOK FOR 20 TO 25 MINUTES ON MEDIUM FLAME.
- AFTER 20 MINUTES REMOVE LID AND CHECK IT.
- MASALA KHICHDA IS READY. SERVE HOT WITH DASH OF GHEE.
Vegetable Masala Khichda
About Vegetable Masala Khichda Recipe
Khichda is very healthy and delicious food from gujarati cuisine. Normally its made on “Chulha” or “Angithi” for give it more flavour which also made it with many regular spices and vegetables. I used only two types of lentil and rice to make this khichda. Mostly people use 5 or 7 types of lentil with rice to make khichda. Try it once this is super delicious and lip smacking, healthy and simple food.
Vegetable Masala Khichda, a mouth-watering delicacy which no one can resist. Most people try this amazing dish at restaurants, but with this recipe you can easily make it at home with the same taste. Vegetable Masala Khichda is a dish which demands no explanations, it’s a whole world of flavour in itself. Vegetable Masala Khichda is a very simple and easy recipe to prepare. The time required to make this recipe is not very much, but the delicious taste it renders is just remarkable, don’t forget to try out the absolutely amazing Vegetable Masala Khichda.
Vegetable Masala Khichda
Prep Time: 20 mins, Cook Time: 30 mins, Serves: 4 People
- Soaked Tuver daal 1/2 cup
- Soaked Moong daal 1/2 cup
- Soaked Rice 1 cup
- Chopped Potato 1
- Chopped Onion 1
- Chopped Carrot 1
- Chopped green Garlic 1/2 cup
- Green Tuver 1/2 cup
- Green Peas 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp
- Ghee 3 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli 2
- Beyleaf 1
- Cinnamon 1 piece
- Cloves 2 or 3
- Star Anise 1
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red Chilli powder 1 & 1/2 tbsp
- Dry Coriander powder 1 tbsp
- Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
- Water 3 to 4 glass or as needed
Get updates about new dishes and upcoming events