Nil's Kitchen is a home of delicious,healthy and easy to make recipes.
- For making masala in mixi jar add groundnuts, coriander seeds, cumin, green chilli, garlic and salt and grind it.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, sugar, lemon juice and 2 tbsp oil then grind it.
- Now stuffing is ready,keep a side.Do not make a fine paste, Now remove skin of baby onion and scoop it.
- Take stuffing masala in plate and add chopped and scooped onion in it.
- Add dry curry leaves, coriander leaves in masala and mix well.
- Now stuff baby onion with masala.Heat kadai with 2 tbsp oil. When oil is enough hot add asafetida. Add stuffed baby onion in kadai and cook on slow flame.
- Add extra masala on baby onion and lid it.Cook on medium flame for 5 minute.
- After 5 minutes add 1 cup curd and 1/2 water over baby onion.Mix carefully and again lid it now cook for next 10 minutes.
- Sabji is ready add coriander leaves and serve hot.
- My Tip: Sugar is optional.
Stuffed Onion Sabji
Stuffed baby onion sabji loved by all in my family. I made this dish same as my mom style. It is very delicious in taste you can serve it with roti, puri, naan and paratha.
Prep Time: 10 mins, Cook Time: 15 mins, Serves: 4 People
- Baby Onion 7-8
- Curd 1 cup
- Water 1/2 cup
- Groundnuts 1/2 cup
- Coriander seeds 2 tbsp
- Cumin 1 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Green Chilli chopped 4
- Garlic 20
- Lemon juice 1 Lemon
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Dry Curry Leaves 5-6
- Green Coriander leaves 1 tsp
- Oil 2 + 2 tbsp
- Asafetida 1/4 tsp
Get updates about new dishes and upcoming events