Khichu – Gujarati recipe – Copyadmin
Khichu – Gujarati Dish
Masaledar Kichu- One of the most loved gujarati dish and it is very easy to cook, anybody can try at home. To make it more delicious I tried green paste to make Kichu more spicy and tasty.Khichu is a Gujarati, healthy and delicious, snack/breakfast that is gluten free and vegan. It is prepared with rice flour that is added to hot boiling water along with spices like ajwain and jeera. This mixture is then shaped into small disks with an indent in the centre and steamed in a idli cooker.
- 3 bowl 3 Bowl of Water.
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Carom Seeds (ajwain)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt or as Taste
- 1 tsp 1 Pinch Hing (Asafetida)
- 3 tbsp Green Paste 3 tbsp(1 cup fresh coriander leaves + 4 Green Chilli)
- 1 bowl 1 Bowl Rice Floor
- To begin making Gujarati Khichu recipe, we have to first get the dough for the khichu ready.
- Let the water come to a rolling boil.
- Preheat a steamer with water in it. Meanwhile, in another pan heat 3 cups of water and add ajwain, cumin seeds along with salt & green chillies.
- Without reducing the heat, quickly dust the rice flour all over the boiling water. (It is important that you scatter the flour all over the boiling water) Do not stir.
- Allow the water to rise up on its own. It will begin to moisten the rice flour within 30 seconds or so.
- Using the back of a wooden ladle carefully (so as not to splatter the hot water) and vigorously stir the mix for a minute.
- Remove the Khichu from the heat and pour the Khichu mixture in a bowl.
- Transfer these Khichu onto the steamer and steam them for 5 – 7 minutes
- Remove the Khichu from the steamer and serve hot.